Tuesday, October 20, 2015

‘untoll’ moment


the candle flame flickers
Its light pierces the dark
It dances about creating
moving shadows of objects still

my thoughts stream seemingly
inside my head as sad holds
the hand with joy, fear with peace,
calm with anguish and loneliness
stares and stares at love

a feeling of flux enters my soul
the wantonness of chaos as
i descend into an abyss such
the nature of the universe
i am a microcosm of its being

my heart beats hard and fast
i listen to its gurgling roars
like tiny ocean waves ebbing,
flowing into designated chambers
marrying with oxygenated breath

my soul, my incarnate being
transcend into a place where
all the voices ever spoken, music
ever played now reside where
there is no space or time

i’ll remain here for a moment
my memories have no place to go
what is salient no longer matters
as tears have ceased flowing and
the ache in my heart no longer tolls

10 comments:

  1. Beautifully written..our minds are indeed microcosms of the universe in a way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, but not just our minds, our whole selves. we are star dust

      gracias for visiting and leaving a fingerprint

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful, it's almost like a song to me.I especially like:
    my soul, my incarnate being
    transcends into a place where
    all the voices ever spoken, music
    ever played now reside where
    there is no space or time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they say that all sound waves travel into space which means voice, music, movement. if the unverse(s) are infinite, in human parlance, then our perception of space and time forms not an obstacle of any kind.

      gracias for visiting and leaving a piece of your soul

      Delete
  3. "i’ll remain here for a moment
    my memories have no place to go"... that has such a tragic feel. Very moody poem-lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is not intended to be tragic but resemble in the release of the self, selfless, becoming all, becoming 'one'. for this i welcome the absence of heart ache the absence of feeling life's angst, life's pain

      gracias for visiting and leaving your thoughts

      Delete
  4. This is a most introspective poem, sincere and touching in its descriptions. Each stanza is so well composed and the whole invites a slow reading to fully appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautifully written, my friend. I love seeing oneself as a microcosm of the universe. I resonate with the coupling of sadness and joy, fear and peace...and the staring and staring at Love. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This kinda reads like another take on my poem that I linked for this prompt – only yours is more detailed, and finally more positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it does mi amiga. i wrote this before reading your poem 'in soft morning' which resonates with me too many a sleepless night and the others on imaginary toads. it seems to signify that you and i were somewhat atuned to each others spirit at the time.

      Delete