Saturday, October 24, 2015

life shakes my hand


when the heart holds the hand of grief
it reminisces upon the days of yore
when life was gentler, foot steps softer
the breezes would ride on a subtle day
quietly onto the night’s shade to rest
the weary eyes, a tired soul to lay

the day shines of gold as the heart is warmed
a soul dances with the clouds as the sky touches
the ocean blue where the dolphins and orca
spring out from their abode displaying to the osprey
how two worlds can be as one

and as time avails long the hour and the day
but months and years race by too soon ravaging
from us without notice a piece of where love
is stored and shared at will with temporal beings
as they part without goodbyes only naked
memories left behind

but life is not swayed by the wind
it bares no bias toward a flower, a tree,
a mother, a child, a bird or a bee
tapping time on its shoulder to reclaim its fruit
a recycling of the balance in the universe
giving birth to another me, another you

10 comments:

  1. The first stanza is truly lovely...I kind of got swept away with it. and the lines : "but life is not swayed by the wind
    it bares no bias toward a flower, a tree,
    a mother, a child, a bird or a bee
    tapping time on its shoulder to reclaim its fruit"

    Just marvelous.

    By the way, which archived challenge inspired you? I like to give credit to the past hosts. If you could do that, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. This is my favorite:
    "it bares no bias toward a flower, a tree"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how you end up in the last stanza... we know where to look for that rebirth don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are my faves:

    "ravaging
    from us without notice a piece of where love
    is stored"

    "they part without goodbyes only naked"

    "a recycling of the balance"

    ReplyDelete
  5. a recycling of the balance in the universe
    giving birth to another me, another you

    Life is such! It goes about its own to do whatever without promptings
    much like 'recycling'. Very true Marco!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially like the way you brought everything to a great conclusion - I too would be interested to know which challenge you selected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, i didn't expose a challenge of previous posts or stick with the platform requested. i thought we were given this option. my chanllenge was just trying to re-fuel my creative juices. i had taken a reprieve because of recent events (in the last four weeks a family member, an artist freind and my boy jules all passed away). i'm just slowly trying to purge my grief

      Delete
  7. Oh my friend, I so feel your heart in this poem. Your closing lines are especially golden. Am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete