Saturday, June 7, 2014

tell me of your journey


tell me my friend of your journey
so that I may once again experience
the excitement

my legs no longer have strength
to traverse the landscape like i
once could, my lungs no longer
hold the breath of verve

i wish to hear of your sailing
the sea hearing only the welcoming
osprey and the slapping of the waves
against the bow

i wish to hear about the little seen birds
amidst the forest of trees where few
have trailed and so all scurry quickly
away to hide from the stranger visiting
their sacred abode

through your eyes and strength of
youthful legs and arms tell me of
your conquest of the Tetons, Rockies
and Andes where the lineage of my
ancestry also cast their shadows

tell me of the song the winds sang
when you stood atop the cliffs
in irish lore and the rice fields where
my buddies left their souls

tell me of all this my friend for
my legs no longer have the strength
my lungs no longer hold the breath
but my soul still wants to live amidst
the dream filled memories that my
heart beholds

 

5 comments:

  1. I love listening to those stories ~ Beautifully written my friend ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very wonderful.......I loved the welcoming osprey and the waves slapping against the boat......and the call of the high mountains.......beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. somehow I could relate in that I once was on an island and I would talk to the mountain behind my home with Biblical and cultural references. I was the imaginative child who loved to explore and incorporate these two mediums into my adventures. This was when I was in high school. So I really relate to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was beautiful ... loved it ... a journey always teaches us new things :-)

    ReplyDelete