Tuesday, June 3, 2014

carbon emissions: Pres. executive order


you know the air you breathe, I breathe also
the earth you walk upon i too traverse
the ocean that you swim and admire
the life that lives within
what your eyes see is also my view
but I think the colors differ and what i
choose to observe is unique to me
and you to you

our hearts, oh yes the heart, it beats
but the rhythms and the passions, vary
mine feels the Native Indians tears
disgust for the barren earth, denude
of trees, habitats and nests eschewed,
debris filled seas, net snarled fins,
mercury in floating lifeless scales,   
spears in the hearts of whales

i howl and hope the wind carries
my cries and those of the same heart
across the mountain and sea
into the ears of those who cannot hear
who selfishly worry to cost of the money in
their folded fist forgetting of the little hand
cupped in the other. will they ever see
a dolphin swim free, an eagle soar, a wolf
howl at the moon, an owl perched
in a forest tree?

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful, my friend. From your heart, and mine. Tomorrow at Mid Week Motif, the topic is protest - your poem would fit wonderfully there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. howl on man, let your voice be heard and i imagine that many of our ancestors howl as well wih what we have done to our earth and how it is changing, and how we are changing and what pulls our hearts as well....the fist full of dollar bills over the cupped hand...i hate to think what our little ones will never see....nice energy in this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owooooo! Perfect! Your words effectively help me see and I want everyone to read it. I share the air, the heart, and I will share the howl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, and don't forget the Moon. For me a potent symbol of the entire world's togetherness. Not that it helps to unite us sufficiently, yet.
    Very good and strong set of emotions and argument. More.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes..when the time comes we are all under the same sky and the breath they sold will also be missing to them..wonderful, thoughtful piece

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you posted. I feel this protest in every fibre of my being, along with the wolf howl and the spear in the whale............I have to keep remembering all that is right in the world, when I feel the angst of so much that is wrong. Great writing, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The losses mount, and we must give voice. Nicely told.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was in LA last week when a news report of a vast number (measured in tons) of marine life had died. They blamed the excessive temperatures (high 80s). I blame the nuclear accidents we have little control of and fear to report on. Who suffers for man's short sightedness? Nature! your poem is spoken on the behalf of her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the message my friend ~ I feel sad for the animals killed or dying because of our greed ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. For some time there have been them and us. They care not that their children will be poisoned or starved, have no care for beauty except the greenback. They will not survive but we will remember them when the world fights back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i enjoyed your poem quite well Marco! this is a native cry for natural resources and its just beautiful. keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Powerful statement about the world we live in...may we all work to see it change

    ReplyDelete