Friday, May 30, 2014

my path


i have taken a road only I could have taken
have loved only in the way that I can
maybe it’s taken some time to learn how
but in this trail traversed I have found
that jagged edges can be honed smooth
and thorns can be removed
for the path goes on even without me
but I wish to be on it for this is why
i am here
in my little world that i have traveled
i wish and hope that when i loved someone
i have been loved


if in my journey and when i’ve met you,
i hurt you by word or deed, it was not my intent
so i’m sorry. i only wish for you the best of me
if i have misunderstood your face, your touch
your heart then it is my misgiving and
when we meet again i hope to give you that
best of me for i only wish to love and be loved
as i continue to walk on this winding road
with all kinds of pebbles, sharp and smooth
under my feet, i shall strive to be better,
to be kinder, to love

14 comments:

  1. My friend, your heart is so loving and kind, and every word of this reflects the person I have come to know through your poems........beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely message ~ Thank you for sharing your gentle heart ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are all on a journey...and many times through out it we will need to reconcile with those we touch...because even if our intent is well, when our thoughts are of our own journey we will indoubtedly run into the journey of others...changing both our trajectories...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That seems a fair road map for a journey through life. And even better intentions. The people around you are fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the honesty and humility of your words. "i have taken a road only I could have taken" - this is the best anyone could take.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful message in your words, Marco. We each do have our own individual road and our own path. I like your philosophy, as I think it must express how you write your life. I am sure those whose lives have crossed your path have been greatly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing harder than loving and not having that love returned, but staying true and gentle as this poem suggests, will enlarge your spirit to love and be kind to all. What a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This seems like an apology expressed by the speaker in the context of a very deep abiding love and a longing hope that the other will accept and continue on the shared path. A much deserved reward for such a sensitive speaker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully stated with simplicity and honesty. I like your view of the path you have traveled,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete