Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Love in a satchel


 
i cannot catch all those lonely tears
your eyes spill out nor can i embrace
you the way I’d like for distance is our
challenge yet my soul carries in his
virtual satchel the laconic memories
we have shared

the colors of crimson and azure blue
and the verdant green that glisten through
the tiny droplets of rain as the sun’s
yellow golden fingers tickle them and the
upside down rainbow smile evinces
reminding me of you

the soft and milky white of the
iris peddles bloom as the purple pink
lilacs scent is in the air and any where
there’s room. it fills my mind with the
recollection of your skin and the
waft of your perfume


i shall carry this with me
as I stroll through the days journey and
onto life’s sojourn and far beyond these
tender moments we’ve shared i shall
carry in the satchel of my soul.
on and on and on ~~~



2 comments:

  1. So nostalgic and lovely, my friend. I especially love your closing lines of love: "these tender moments we've shared shall be carried in the satchel of my soul on and on and on......" I carry a satchel, too, where I keep the ones I love the most. Loved this, mi amigo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I specially love the colors in the 2nd and 3 rd stanzas ~ Very romantic write here ~ Wishing you lovely weekend ~

    ReplyDelete