Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Life's ebb tide



we’ve ridden it’s crests
together on separate boards
occasionally wiping out
yet getting back on
‘cutting’ high and low waves

we stand
on the beach head
waiting for the next
wave then back on again,
surf’s up

aching from spills
I’ve taken,
some worse than others
almost drowning from
a couple but there
you were handing
me my board

we jump on together
and kiss the sea, on
we go as the sun’s fire
dips behind us
into the
ocean’s bed

we then lay our heads
on it’s sandy pillow
our boards as beds
listening to the seas roar
diminish to intermittent whispers

there we lie sated
from riding the wakes
the swales and the
rolling caps
and the moon beams
glisten on the sea

4 comments:

  1. Love the beautiful analogy in the Nene!....I am new to your blog....found you through Sherry.....our blogs have similar names....mine is "Hope Whispers".
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias senoritas for visiting. Gracias Carrie for finding me. Sherry is truly one of my favorite amigas. '...into one another's being mingle, why not I with thine'? Percy Shelley

    Love your blogs!

    ReplyDelete