Thursday, August 30, 2012

Friend



When we smile into each other’s eyes
and we gather the full moon into
the memory of our hearts
we sense each other’s
touch when we had embraced
the time the moment

Did we not share, maybe,
something that was not someone
else’s and did we not agree
that this moment would be ours

Could we say, without saying,
you are me and I am you
could we look onto this moon
and know it stared upon our moment
and no one else’s

If tomorrow I shall peer upward
to the sky and see the face
that peered upon us naked
when we thought we were
alone, our hearts denuded
from the ugliness of judgment

And all this is, is friendship
Imagine if love was involved

3 comments:

  1. Wow. This is one hot friendship, nene! Really, such an extraordinarily beautiful poem (and I do sense that love was involved).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kind of friendship is love, I believe, my friend. This is a very beautiful poem. I was out looking up at the moon last night and it was a wonderful show - so cool to read a moon poem this morning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete