Saturday, November 21, 2020

i am you, you are me

 

i’ve seen so many faces in my life and time

grateful for smiles but too many frowns

with enough pain to go around

 

have sat in silence to witness and listen

to the whispers of life in attempts to

understand why i think, why i breathe

 

the tree that hovers o’er me has shared

some of its wisdom imparted by the gentle

breezes of the wind only if i sit quiet, still

 

the running stream waves at me to catch my

attention to tell me of what it has seen

through its bends and turns

 

one day i shall put into words what mine

eyes have seen, my ears have heard, my

hands have touched and my heart has felt

 

whoever shall read the writ of my words will 

look up from them, breathe in deeply and sigh

for they will then realize they are not alone

No comments:

Post a Comment