Friday, October 21, 2016

finding to be

in my search, i found my eyes,
how they can look and see 
the color of what beauty is

in my  search, i learned to breathe,
to smell and touch and sense
the intrinsic fiber of life

in my search, i found a path
where flora and fauna gather
filling me with Nature’s embrace

in my search, i learned from
the owl, the eagle and the wolf
to observe while listening to the wind

in my search, i witnessed
a stone and a tree and how both sit
quietly and still, becoming one 

in my search, i learned not to
seek but to embrace all that is
for that is what it is to be



6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, profound and wise. I love the learning from owl, eagle and wolf. Me too, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In haiku, this acceptance after contemplation would be expressed as wabi-sabi

    Nice write

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Removing the filters from our eyes! Thank you for this wonderful poem encouraging us to be so brave that wisdom can enter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and some powerful messages. We can learn from everything around us. Not seeking but receiving everything as is the ultimate lesson I think. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very profound thoughts, Marcoantonio! I like the idea of not seeking....but embracing!

    ReplyDelete