Saturday, September 24, 2016

tell me

tell me
how the gentle wind touches your skin
how the gold of sun rays pierce your eyes
when you hear and watch the fish gently slap
the water around the river's bend
ahh, and there's the waft of morning dew

tell me
how your heart flutters when feeling love;
your breath becomes rapid in excitement,
soft bead sweat shimmies from your hands,
how peace and calm envelops you
at the sight of stars and moon at night

tell me
the soothing of violin strings upon your ears
whilst reading words of Shelley and Shakespeare
and how they resonate into your soul
or as i sing to you a song formed
of love verses, i've written

tell me
that your love for me is true
the reflection of my heart, too
like new verdant leaves of Spring
with their brilliance in their color hue
my heart speaks~~~ there’s no truer love
than me for you

11 comments:

  1. Your love poems to Roberta are always so lovely, Marco. Sigh. I'll bet she Smiled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So , lovely poetry, I closedy ears at the ast stanza, the answers...suspense yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the "tell me" repeated... and though it might sound like a plea, I cannot see how words like this cannot be responded in a positive way

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too lobe the repetition of 'tell me' - it creates a second rhythm to the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful! Quite an appealing love poem.
    Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful lyrical and a lovely flow. A touch of Gerard Manly Hopkins about it. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tell me
    that your love for me is true
    the reflection of my heart, too...

    Such fine words, Marco.. one must sigh to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the passion in this -- such lush images and beauty in both words & rhythm. Peaceful, romantic and artistic -- this puts me in the mood to write, to read the poetry of the romantics, to play Chopin and have a glass of wine in the sunlight...Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful...I feel the romantic sigh when reading it.

    ReplyDelete