Google+ Followers

Saturday, September 3, 2016

a flower's tears

like the flower in Spring
the petals with brilliant colors
on display, the leaves a vibrant green
and loam at its rooted feet
dark, moist from the morning’s dew

she used to be like this
when she’d look my way, would
on occasion seem of fawning  
making me feel like that
flower of Spring

but Autumn comes, some call it Fall
and colors change to crimson and
russet, although still brilliant in their
aesthetic way, there's a change of their 
colors now taking place, a different
beauty in their display

she sees me now in my Autumn attire 
though Spring still is her favorite color
she looks no longer at me the way she used
to but at another flower whose colors of Spring
now catch her eyes

i am that flower, a sentient being, a human
touch is of my heart when my Autumn
colors now displayed and you look away
my petals droop, my leaves fall to my side, 
the heaviness of falling dew, are my tears for you