Monday, March 14, 2016

and so i live

and so i live, live on
until that day no more
when breath no longer
feeds my soul
and the touch of love
no longer titillates my skin

until then, kiss these lips
hold my hand
walk along beside me
listen to the wind
see the ripples fold
underneath the spring

my ears shall hear the timbre
of notes played by grand masters
mine eyes to capture the souls
and hearts of words on writ
by Sophocles and Shakespeare

once again, to this, i note
until my feet no longer walk
or my ears not hear the breeze's song,
the waft of your hair i no longer can smell,
your azure eyes i can no longer see or
words from my heart no longer speak

until then i shall live, live on
with no regret 

6 comments:

  1. I think no matter what we always want to see another day... curiosity never killed a cat, it's what gives it nine lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a romantic heart ~ I love this part best:

    my ears shall hear the timbre
    of notes played by grand masters
    mine eyes to capture the souls
    and hearts of words on writ
    by Sophocles and Shakespeare

    ReplyDelete
  3. so romantic and joyous, an asking for a promise.
    you are very much like Neruda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is to be explored, lived...your words evoke the passion to take in all of it. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete