Tuesday, November 10, 2015

a dream


a dream  renders in joyful moments
some from memory, some surreal
 
eyes open and all seems the same
waft of the day is much like yesterday

body rises, stretches from its resting place
muscle ache, folds, wrinkles, a time lapse face

the day is grey, the autumn breeze is cold
hold the hand of love now and of the old

walk this day with me , breathe deep
pick not a flower, leave for the sun to grow

let the humming bird sip of its nectar
let bloom with color for the eyes to keep

 

13 comments:

  1. "a time lapse face"

    What an incredible image. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! There are some dreams I hear of that I would like to walk in, 'with' the dreamer. I am sure the ones you write of meet my expectations.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. " open and all seems the same
    waft of the day is much like yesterday"

    i bet some very adventurous days begin like this; have a nice Tuesday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "time-lapsed face" and letting the flower grow so the hummingbirds can drink. I am increasingly loathe to pick flowers these days - not wanting to shorten their lives. I love how you close with "let grow for the eyes to keep".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the last line. I'm all about letting beautiful things grown into more...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a truthy observation. That time-lapse is real... man, sometimes I observe that first thing in the morning, then a bit later somehow the magic or the stretch reappears and I bounce back. Pick not. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a time lapse face..Wow! What a visual. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, endearingly charming~ I love your ending! You could write love songs :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especially love 'time lapse face' and your sweet conclusion.

    ReplyDelete