Saturday, August 29, 2015

not my soul



in the black of a darken space i sit

and it tugs at my soul trying to pull it

out from it’s incarnate abode

 

cannot let it go for it’s not time

too much, yet, to see too much, yet, to do 

much more to cry and to smile about

 

and while the music plays on

i will dance and i will flail my hands

and arms toward the sky

letting it know that the heaven

sojourn will come soon enough 

 

now into the light i step

leaving the darkness behind

let life’s energy avail my soul

with a desire and wanting

to make a difference

before i go


12 comments:

  1. This is a truly spiritual wish. A wonderful way to prepare for a spectacular end,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to feel so alive at such a time. k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was like floating in the ocean, the serenity and peace and then the well placed desire at the end to be of consequence. Amazing writing my friend.!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely my favorite poem of yours, my friend. It is beautiful, affirming, inspiring and wonderful. I love the dancing and flailing arms, and the wish to make a difference before you go. As you do, every day, by being who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have much to do before you sleep ... and miles to go. Dance on~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is written with such longing...tangible desire. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Putting off that moment of leaving--a prayer deep in my heart. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful it is to think contentedly that "Yes, I have made a difference, a positive impact on someone's life and they remember me".

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the prayerful lines..."now into the light i step"...my favorite line....

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great poem on the realization that we can always make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy each step toward the light . What wonderful energy and joy released in this poem.

    ReplyDelete