Wednesday, July 22, 2015

disheartened

my consciousness, my heart, my soul, is being melded
much to my disdain, against my conscious freedom of choice
by the stench of violence being perpetrated upon each other

we are angry, we are hating, we are no longer giving
value to life, to caring, to mother earth

all around those with power to make change are doing it
with destruction in their minds, in their hearts

i cry and sadness avails my soul when i wish to be joyful
because my heart aches, because my being is bombarded
by the destructive actions of man upon man and so
my 'being' reacts to this, not of my choice

if i isolate myself, insulate from what is happening around me,
i may experience temporary contentment but then, in
introspection, i wonder if my worth as a living being is of value

for now, i shall listen to music, i shall hear the whispering wind
outside my window and i shall gather my pup in my arms
kiss my love of life on her cheek while she sleeps
and hold them tight for at least this night

6 comments:

  1. all around those with power to make change are doing it
    with destruction in their minds, in their hearts

    Very true Marco. You've said it loud and clear. There is always the tendency to cause destruction on the flimsiest of excuses.

    Hank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all around those with power to make change are doing it
    with destruction in their minds, in their hearts

    These are such powerful lines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it is hard to find solace and peace when the news are sad and dreadful with these killings & destruction by man ~ Hope music soothes you ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. The world is in such turmoil. There has to be good news out there, but it doesn't make the headlines. Steal moments of piece every chance you get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marco, this is beautiful. We do tend to go within when everything without is so drastic. Keep listening to messages on the wind, my friend. We can only dream that, in the great turning of the wheel, we will come again to better days.

    ReplyDelete