Tuesday, December 30, 2014

feliz año nuevo


many a daylight reveries and night time dreams
have passed, ruminations and interpretations
of where reality resides. what for are my peripatetic
dispersings in my awakenings but only to depose them
onto sleepless nights of confusion

the god of gods, the maker of my being, provides me
with the will of choice or has he ?
is my trail paved with palatable terrace stones
so that my every step directs me toward a
predetermined path and all of my contorted and
juxtaposed moments are of a duped puppet on strings?

has the residence of my being in this universe of
dark and light, of cold and warm, of noise
and silence, my tears having been heartless
only to the dysfunction of metabolic incarnations
and my sensorial portrayals having been but
valences, less than benevolent and without cause?
 
do my queries even purport anything in the
discourse of existence where if there is
no god of gods, no divine intention or intervention
to give all this some value or worth that we dupes
believe to be the ‘good’?

to this, though, i shall not deviate from my direction,
to give with appreciation of myself even if impoverished
with misgivings to thoughts of godlessness, 
these curious interpreted thoughts of my doing.
for i having noticed smiles of comfort, a joy
and warmth of being, to this i shall go on until
the end. i wish to be integral and heartfelt of all this
for this is what my new year will bring

7 comments:

  1. In my experience I have found there are many different ways of appreciating anything of worth. Self-worth is what ultimately determines whether something is appreciated or not, because in the end all that really matters is that we appreciate what we are doing. Remaining positive admist the negativity is never an easy task, but we can carry a sort of light everywhere we go if we have the will to pursue it. Really great poem her Marco! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do doubts and misgivings impoverish or enrich? Remember "dubito ergo sum"! (My poem speculates about God too.) Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you ask some very essential questions in this poem, and provide a real human perspective about our doubts and concerns for the future, while providing the will to carry on.

    All the best to you for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To walk forward doing the best might be the only way to conquer our doubts.. We should listen but never get stuck... Thank you for a good year of poetry, and hopes for an even better 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  5. seems your inner poet has spoken... great depth to this

    ReplyDelete
  6. To live is to have doubts... and hopes. Lovely, introspective poem.
    (I can't post as wordpress)

    ReplyDelete
  7. a timeless query, eloquently stated. thank you for adding your voice ~

    ReplyDelete