Friday, October 31, 2014

the Fall bares my soul


in the Fall the trees are denuded of leaves
by the cold, the seasonal change, except for
a few that stubbornly cling, hold on tight
and when the white of winter snow covers
the tops of limbs, these leaves wear the snow
like shawls, dressed for the dance with the wind

tall green leaf sprouts of lilies and tulips
lay wet and still on mother earth’s chest
awaiting for the synthesis into loam, 
the sacrifice to feed newborn in life's quest

like the lonely leaf that bears the cold
holding onto the finger and hand of its root,
my soul hangs onto this incarnate being
to wear the mundane wrappings so that the
eyes behold, the ears fill with nature’s song,
the lips kiss the day and night and the heart
dances in the embrace of love

16 comments:

  1. I especially love "my soul hangs on to my incarnate being". Mine, too. LOVE your closing lines, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a maple that holds onto its leaves until the bitter end. I shall reflect upon its determination when I remember your line "these leaves are dressed for the dance with the wind". Perfect for those winter storms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last stanza, very beautiful to read ~ Hope you enjoy autumn until the last leaf falls on snow ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pity those whose hearts have not "danced in the embrace of love". What stunning words those were.

    ReplyDelete
  5. like the lonely leaf that bears the cold
    holding onto the finger and hand of its root,
    my soul hangs onto this incarnate being..

    Wow! These lines blew me away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely poem, Marcoantonio! Some wonderful lines. Always good to see you.

    these leaves wear the snow
    like shawls, dressed for the dance with the wind

    ReplyDelete
  7. your lines speak of such hopefulness and content

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was so tender and touching. Making me look at the remaining leaves on the trees here with a new appreciation and understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Back from the pantry and the lines that leaped out at me this time were "these leaves wear the snow like shawls, dressed for the dance with the wind". Beautiful write, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful beautiful write, luv your craft of images; have a good week

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful fall poem. i love your blog layout....all my favorite fall colors! :) sorry it too me so long to revisit you. i'm happy i did! hoping your day is lovely, friend.

    ReplyDelete