Thursday, October 23, 2014

little memories


glorious is the mornings awakening
and mine ears are fancied by  music
echoing soft violin strings of Mozart’s soul

the day still is dark of its nocturnal sleep
as i reflect upon the juxtaposed stories
in my dreams and i hearken a new day

my body lies still, consumes the last morsels
of night slumber and avails itself of
the comforts beset in this restful nest

when i rise my steps will stroll amidst
the rustling and voices from afar,
the rumbling tires from a passing car,   
a canine friend barking in the morning mist

i listen to the sounds sometimes
thinking i hear the sun rising
as a breeze shakes the leaves of trees,
humming of the bumble bees
and petals of flowers stretching
for the warmth of its embrace

when once again the moon smiles at me
and mine eyes take pleasure in observing
Orion’s belt bending and dipping
with Ursa Major trying to entice
Draco into a dance as Sirius looks on

my soul will soon travel into their space
my heart will be interned in the arms
of Earth leaving memories my eyes beheld,
my ears heard, the smell of roses,
the tears and the smiles my heart has felt

into thy arms you lift me
   in your embrace i shall whisper
   …no regrets, for my time here is spent
            where i have gathered many flowers
                  and left planted seeds for a garden to grow
 







*dedicated to a friend and her husband who have been told she has but four months left here with us   


 

20 comments:

  1. i am so very sorry for your friend and her family. bless them.

    i loved this line: thinking i hear the sun rising

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful and peaceful elegy, Marco - all of the beauties of our life here on this earth. I am so sorry about your friend. I hope your beautiful words bring her comfort. Your closing stanza makes me think of a quote I only recently came across: "Oh Heart, if one should say that the soul perishes, answer that the flower withers but the seed remains" by Kahlil Gibran. But I dont believe the soul withers. It goes on. I love your line about the "tears and smiles my heart has felt." The goodness of life. Blessings, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too am sorry for your friend~ This poem is a wonderful blend of gifts on so many levels. Your words remind us of the beauty that surrounds us daily and we need to be sure we are aware!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful recollection of the reflection of life and all it's little treasures.

    you have penned an esoteric view of the simple pleasures.

    i am so very sorry to hear about your friend. my hopes and prayers and good wishes are with you both.

    stacy lynn mar
    http://warningthestars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautifully soothing this reads accepting that what we are will soon be what we were forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautifully penned.soothing words of loving wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. not only have you gathered your own flower...but left seed for the suture generation...and if you have done that then surely there are no regrets in passing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a sad to know that your friend, but the various wonderful gifts of god you expressed here make us think that we should enjoy each and every moment of life, for we never know when we will get a call from up above.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Walking each day as you do with all of your senses in tune is the way to live. I was a bit saddened by 'a canine friend barking in the morning mist,' as I know you have recently lost your good friend. The ending was beautiful, and I think we all want to leave the earth (but not too soon) with no regrets & with our seeds planted to grown into the next generation and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I see now your afterward about your friend and husband. Such sadness. I'm sorry.

      Delete
  10. This is both beautiful and poignant Marco. Your use of imagery is deep and evocative.Most of us hope that we can leave this earth feeling that our lives have been well-lived and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your comment. I am sorry for your friend's situation. Life is short and precious. This is the message I take from this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So often we take the beauty for granted.. maybe the only way to see it is to think it might be close to the end... what should your really do then (never to see spring again for instance...)...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of your best and most heartfelt, my friend. I am so sorry for your friends and what lies before them. I resonate so strongly with "the tears and the smiles my heart has felt." So sad, when one loses someone........and yet so beautiful too, the love we experience on this earth while they are here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. When you travel each day into so much space and wisdom, death is just another border to cross. There is sadness but also love overflowing on everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is laden with emotion and heart. i was touched by your creativity and choice of words for your friends. it felt like a literary masterpiece. that's what i got from it..

    ReplyDelete
  16. My your happy thoughts connect to your friend and give her the comfort they intend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You truly captured the sacredness and fragility in living each day we are here. It reminds us of how life really is a gift, a blessing. So sorry about your friend. This is a beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains just a single grain; but if it dies, it bears much fruit."

    ReplyDelete