Monday, March 10, 2014

welcome is the morning kiss


welcome Is the morning kiss
for when before my sleep
the viper’s hiss spoke of
portentous comings

lovely is the suns embrace
upon my face and mine
ears hear the warming breezes,
my eyes see them play with
trees and grasses

they blow, whistling of their journey
from not so far away
mostly from the north and west
their incantations are of how
the once joyous birds no longer
play In their air for it burns
of human rage

cherished is today, for tomorrow
may not be, but before I lament
the message of the wind
I shall praise the day and
kiss the daisy for this moment
while my eyes are still open
and life still holds my hand

9 comments:

  1. How soothing and wise.
    It is not always easy to accept what you are given and be content.
    BTW, thank you for your considered comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words, mi amigo. I hope that life continues to hold your hand for many more happy years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has a wonderful flow, as the images play out upon the mind's eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cherished is today, for tomorrow
    may not be

    To 'live in the now' is all it takes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am most struck by the birds who no longer play in the air burning with human rage. That is a very portentous thought.......it hits the heart. Yes, we must be grateful for this day. Love your closing lines, my friend. May life hold your hand for many many more years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I resonate with these words. But let us not lament too much the future, for it may yet be rescued...by Superman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely message, today is the only time we have so cherished all the moments on our palms ~ Have a great day ~

    ReplyDelete