Tuesday, October 8, 2013

shattered vas


a shattered vas
shard pieces
strewn splayed
I lay there
hoping somehow
to be put back together

disconcerted disheartened
by all who just walk by
and I am not alone
on this cold hard floor
other fine crystal
and porcelain china
lies broken next to me

I’m frayed and afraid
for I’ve seen too many
broken pieces not mended
or repaired but in the stead
swept and discarded
forgotten

If only we'd all imagine
what wondrous mosaic
these broken pieces
would make
when re-assembled   
with a little
Love and care

5 comments:

  1. aww. so true. we are all damaged, but can still be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And sometimes, it's the broken parts that give us our character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of that mosaic. Beautiful, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is gorgeous to rebuild those shattered parts in to a new whole~ Powerful and filled with hope~

    ReplyDelete