Saturday, July 28, 2012

Daisy Day



The summer days,
quickly, they now come and go

In time
the years
grow in numbers
their faces
go dim

A daisy is born
its given attention
its freshness and youth
is witnessed by its peers
that came before

It grows along side others
the uniqueness,
distinction
now
fades


Its
pedals
now wilting
no longer giving
youthful pleasure
in the eyes
of the others

Or the others
have made judgment
that it will no longer
be viewed in the same

Whatever the reason
no one’s judgment
can take from it
the nature of
its unique intrinsic beauty

Not even time
will take away the
imprint of its soul
left in life’s canvass

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my friend, I so love this poem, which so applies to humans, as well as daisies. I love "the nature of its intrinsic beauty" and, especially your final stanza. Very beautiful and compassionate writing, as usual from you, mi amigo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very touching. we all leave imprints in life's canvass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking as a wilted flower, I am all in favor of intrinsic beauty! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had daisies on my mind lately as well. Synchronicity, it seems! I started a painting with daisies in it! I love this poem. Your soul is certainly making a beautiful imprint on life's canvas, mi amigo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I welcome all your sharings. It harkens joy within me that I touched you all!

    Gracias amigos y amigas for visiting and leaving a piece of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like this very much. as i get older, it is harder to let go of youth and society's vision of beauty. :)

    ReplyDelete