Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Another Day



My eyes opened this morning
some dreams still half finished
it was a little before the first waking
birds began to yawn with their
morning vocal callings
their whistles, tweets and chirps

My body stayed still
until the synapses
charged it to move
toward the window pane
wanting the eyes to take pleasure
in the beginnings of the day

This day shall bring cherished moments
memories that will fit in
the already crowded pocket
of my life’s chemise
that wears the timber
of love on its sleeves
and warms the tears of my heart

I beckon for the good to prevail
the caring to raise up from
its slumber
sing to me songbird
and the sun give birth to
the flower and the rain
rinse the sadness away
my eyes open
to another day

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOOOOOOO beautiful, melancholic, poignant and sweet, my friend. Yes, life feels JUST like this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete