Friday, February 24, 2012

One?

Love
You’ve shown me
your many faces
in many ways
as there are days,
not limited only
through conscience
of heart
You’ve arisen with me
since my eyes
have seen,
and nose
has smelled,
since my hands
have held
You’ve come to me
in moon light
in crimson horizons
lying side by side
with the ocean bed
You've sung to me
through wind and
mellifluous sounds
of throats with beaks
You shared your
breath of life
in the womb
where I awaken,
whence then showing me
how to care,
to be selfless
to Love
Sometimes I wonder;
before the Christian
visited
my Aztec land
many iconic symbols
and faces resided
in my home
had breathed
Your air
curious how since
your visit
of only One,
is spoken
it's writ in books
with different names
sharing you has
become, uniquely, limited
To be true,
I’ve seen your
many faces
all breathing in
the likes of You

6 comments:

  1. Love, I believe, does have many faces. We limit ourselves if we only allow ourselves to see one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is wrong with most of us is that we do limit ourselves. Beautiful poem nene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nene,
    So beautiful, but remember the journey, more than one way to open the doorway to your heart~

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wonder if we have misinterpreted the one, nene. as i write this i feel excitement in my blood. the one is not outside of us, it is the common thread that runs through all of us, life itself, the push to breathe and to love. god is not a sac of an entity, i think. all of us is god. we, in our very living and choices, raise god into life. but dash the word god for it has too much baggage. instead, let's call it beauty or love itself.

    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly, Erin Love is the common spirit. My point is that some believe 'their' deity is the only and true God. They, then, shun all who don't believe in their god. This is why we must come to terms that we, humans, don't have the capability to comprehend the concept of 'God' but must appreciate and acknowledge the one comprehensible connection, that being Love.

    ReplyDelete