Thursday, February 23, 2012

3am

3am, in the moon lighted air
the coolness breathed in
the head tilts looking upward
tiny blinking eyes on me
my humanness passionately desires
to absorb and be let in, assimilated,
into the oneness
of this moment

as the sun sleeps
silence resounds, quiet abounds
the ears of the leaves
still left on the trees
their slighted shadows dance
cast by the moon
they play with the night wind
knowing farewell, I stand here

this moment placed in a compartment
deeply folded in my soul
so when the sun once again rises
the bedded voices reawaken
speaking loudly to each other
forgetting our short time gifted
I will reach into this saved folding
regaining a quiet moment
oh, so quickly forgotten, forlorn

3 comments:

  1. so much i like about this piece: the ears of the leaves, the sun sleeps, the humanness, gifted. the playful desperate sound of oh in the last line was pitch perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "ears of the leaves..." I love that! This is so contemplative and quietly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, ears of the leaves! Listening, listening. And we listen back. Ear to ear.

    ReplyDelete