Sunday, December 19, 2021

wishing for wings

 

i wish i could be gifted wings to fly alongside

life flying by thus i could grab nostalgia by the

hand, grab the feathers of my reminisces to

share life’s melodies and dance with those of  

whom i had intended but never did

 

wish i could do this now while the world is

spinning man made negatives thus I could

replace them with distractions of the hope

my heart once felt, mine eyes once captured

joys on ‘little tots’ faces

 

and these wings, gifted to me temporarily,

would allow me to soar above the swirling

negativity, grab those i love and take them

with me so that we could share the feeling

of flying above the vitriol, the hate

1 comment:

  1. Yes, and somehow we have to learn to do this without wings. It is always a pleasure to read you, Marco.

    ReplyDelete