Sunday, December 19, 2021

celebration for me with you

 

we enter into the time of year where the mind traverses

through memories, some nostalgic of sadness and some of

joy, In most cases of wishing to bring back the fondness of

moments yet sadness that they’re no longer with us

 

to many it’s a celebration, for but a moment, in a gathering

of friends and family that are still with us but this is why

sadness is predominant because we reflect upon those that

can no longer join us in this come together moment

 

my choice is not to focus on this one moment in time but i

prefer having these gatherings intermittently throughout

the year because life is fickle and very fleeting so i wish to

trick it by bringing together my love ones before they’ve left

 

want to share my love, i want to tell them i love them when

i wish to and not on some historical figure’s designated days

placed on the calendar of their liking, for their reasons and

not for the same purpose as mine

 

i want to dance with my choice of music, wish to flail my arms

and stomp my feet with my steps, to sing the words that come

from my heart, that lifts my spirit with the joy of laughter and

praise the spirit of my conviction

 

so to this, i say to all who read these, my words, hold your spirit

high, dance and sing, have those that are with you share in this

moment of joy, not because it’s a designate day of rejoicing but

because it’s your and your love ones day of celebration with

each other for life has wings and soars by quickly

 

No comments:

Post a Comment