Tuesday, October 12, 2021

our need to be loved

 

what must i do to escape from the tethers of my vices, so

that my spirit can dance without restraints or constraints,

my heart can love without obstruction and my chi, will

and shall witness peace and calm?

 

i am fond of living, love the morning sunrises, love the

Moon that glows with mystery and the stars tickling

the noir of the night sky causing crickets to chirp, cicadas

being relentless in piercing the silence of sleep

                                     

and as i sit in my chosen corner, in the dark, alone with

thoughts of who i am, what i have become why i’m here, who

shares of this love in my heart and if the gift of tomorrow

arrives once more in spite of my human foibles, will i still be loved?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment