Saturday, September 18, 2021

joyful dawning of today

 

The cool in the first days of September are made

more memorable when the sounds of crickets pierce

the silence of nocturnal sleep of all that is life through

an open window and through the noir of night until

this morning’s delight

 

and i wait till the horizon’s light of a rising sun ascends

to the transitioning chorus of cardinals, wrens and

robins that remain behind to awaken the day giving

pleasure to my ears and soon my restless eyes

 

my heart begins to flutter with joy that i am present

amidst all this, one more day, and soon to feel the

warm embrace of my lovely wife followed by a gentle

kiss and the soft greeting of her voice, ‘good morning’

 

i cherish that i can, one more day, carry my aging mini-

poodle outside, now eighteen almost nineteen, because

she can no longer climb steps, then comes the sound of

little paws from our other mini-poodle scampering down

from the upstairs bedroom where she sleeps with my wife

 

i am joyful for the dawning of today

No comments:

Post a Comment