Saturday, September 26, 2020

but for a moment

 

…my mind is busy with juxtaposed thoughts of

ramblings and misgivings, intermittent nostalgia,

faces pictured in my memory no longer a call away

for where their souls reside need not a phone and

those who are still in the reach of my warm embrace

have since journeyed onto their chosen paths now

distantly ascended from mine

 

sometimes i wish to live the life of the quiet and

stillness of a sunflower who sways with the wind,

kissing the rays of the sun by day, letting bees and

butterflies upon its stamen play by day then under

the moon’s light kisses, the night’s lacrimal dew

rest on its petals awaiting to impress upon the

morning with its glittering delight

 

if i could be, for a moment, a mountain with my

head in the clouds or the sea crashing its waves

on promontories on shores letting sand between

its tides as they ebb and flow, or even to be a tree

where lovely birds perch and sing upon my limbs,

while breezes rustle my leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment