Sunday, January 26, 2020

stars watch o'er me


with cool air, the night air falls upon my cheek

i walk outside to look up at the stars trying

to catch the lunar smile, to get a peek



to see if the stars of yore are the same of when

in my toddler years i’d peer up, wide eyed, at the

night sky hovering o’er the pueblo of my origin



back when, still my years were few on earth, i’d

look up in innocence with ‘montanas’ surround

defusing the few lights in adobe casas 



future dreams and aspiration had not yet entered

into  ‘el mente y espiritu’ of a three year old but

even then i recognized the miracle of stars



much love, pain and sorrow of life’s vicissitudes and  

pangs have ridden on my shoulders, now, in this journey

and still, the heavenly warrior, ‘Orion’, hovers o’er me



dawn will soon arrive and the Sun will make dew drops

sparkle t’if the stars of night had fallen from the sky and

critters will awaken to aviary chorus of song



my day begins to this delight where dreams transition

into reveries with eyes wide open, the sun teasing and

tickling flora with its rays and my spirit rejoices the day  


No comments:

Post a Comment