Wednesday, July 6, 2016

a moment alone

walked, today, among and amidst
many a patchwork field of pansies,
wisteria, asters and clusters
of vermilion wildflowers

i stop and let my spirit intermingle 
as they sway in the wind dancing 
with the sun’s gentle shadows cast

i spin and twirl then lay upon them
to feel the dirt, to touch the land,
to hear their glee and feel the
chest of Earth, inhale and exhale

tiny critters run away at first until
they sense that i lie here to be with them
to taste the breath of the innocence of life
escape the human toils and strife

i too am but a tiny critter laying here
to bare my soul to the sanguine terrain
of my abode, that rides upon the energy
and the spirit of the universe where soon
we shall all abide

and to this end, insanity shall meet sanity
violence shall meet the peace
dissonance shall greet harmony
chaos will accept the synergy of ‘one’
destroyers shall meet creators
and hate will be squelched by love

10 comments:

  1. A beautiful poem describing a mystical experience. I love the hope in your closing stanza that the tide of hatred will transcend to love. It is the way we humans are meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful thought....I would gladly accept it and I hope as we connect back to the land we can have love and peace....

    'i too am but a tiny critter laying here
    to bare my soul to the sanguine terrain
    of my abode, that rides upon the energy
    and the spirit of the universe where soon
    we shall all abide'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it again today, Marco, especially the closing lines which leave the reader with hope. Which we sorely need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how the lines vibrate with the energy that exhales negative vibes and accept unity...beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do just that a few years ago it was one of my favorite things to do. If only we all could realize that we are tiny critters trying to co-exist on Earth. I really enjoyed the poem Marco.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i stop and let my spirit intermingle
    as they sway in the wind dancing

    Beautiful lines..!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this:

    "i too am but a tiny critter laying here to bare my soul to the sanguine terrain"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Back for another read and still love "and hate shall be squelched by love."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always have to believe that good will out, so I like the note of hope here at the ending. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete