Monday, February 15, 2016

choosing you


sunrises i have witnessed
clouds soaring by
raindrops trickling upon my face
the pleasurable waft of flowers
all comes back to me
when i think of you

in this short spell of time
my  heart has felt a love
like no other much like a book
read from cover to cover
with its absence and its pain
reading the chapter about love
again and again so within me
to always remain

being near the end of my path
i choose these thoughts
when love kissed my cheek
warmth embracing my heart
walking amidst nature’s park
letting the wind part our hair
hand in hand our souls never to part

 

7 comments:

  1. I love the romantic and sweet lines, the first stanza is my favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem, Marcoantonio. You have been blessed by a long-lasting love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are blessed to have such a love to companion you through life. And you write of it so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing better to have such a haven to stay in ... and what better way to remember this than on Valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you write about love so well. you are a romantic at heart. that's admirable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful love poem! this is so elegantly written, with a perfect ending line.

    ReplyDelete