Saturday, October 31, 2015

love lies still but not quiet


a crisp cold morning shall greet me
i shall not complain for when that chill
titillates my cheek i shall praise the day
as it awakens me to see the sun glisten off
the frost atop leaves of trees and a sheen
glittering off of the grass giving the day
a pleasant moment of ethereal

colors of russet, orange and yellows ornament
the trees, teasing eyes of a beholding taste of autumn,
their leaves sway and flicker in the cool fall breeze.
amidst this charm blue jays squabble over feed
corn hanging from branches. a red headed
downy woodpecker chirps as he munches on
black oil seeds in a bird feeder while little claws  
of squirrels and chipmunks can be heard scurrying
up the bark of trees and the choir of whistling
exchange by the warblers, cardinals and sparrows

i breathe deep this spirit of life
while reflecting upon those no longer
by my side, i channel this beauty and
let them know all is well but miss them greatly.  
surely they sense my greeting soul as i embrace
the thoughts of how in this wondrous moment...
love lies still but not quiet, in my heart  

13 comments:

  1. What a touching poem to life and memories of loved ones. Those of us who have lost someone still carry them with us hoping they still see what we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A superb title and i was swept along in the feeling of gratitude, acceptance and love..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours you have used in the middle stanza, and the way you have weaved it into the memory of those that have left us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will fix you link, as the one you posted leads nowhere. Hope you will make visits to other poets today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Mary. please let me know what the issue was. also, i have been trying to visit others but the comment box in peoples blogs for some reason won't let me enter to leave a comment. the only way is if i enter in the 'reply' of someone, like now, will it let me. i don't know if it's a setting in my managment site or what. help !

      Delete
    2. I don't know what it is. I have blogspot. You have blogspot. So there should be no incompatibility. Sherry has blogspot too, and your comments work on her blog...so I have not a clue. Sigh. Thanks for trying.

      Delete
  5. Oh Marcoantonio this just brought such joy and a bit of melancholy...I too greet the day in nature giving thanks and saying hello to those gone now....this is just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Love lies still, but not quiet in my heart". Me, too, my friend. I like that you can assure your loved ones all is well. When I walked down the trail to the beach I asked Pup "are you with me?" but could not feel a reply.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You catch the connection between worlds that this time of year celebrates in All Saints Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really if you can comment on Sherry's blog, you can comment on my blog and other Blogger blogs. I see you at Sherry's blog all the time.....give it a try again please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if i comment under some ones reply then it works but if i try to go directly to the comment box it won't let me. Mary, thanks for your help but let me ask you, do you press every body else the way you press me? i will visit other blogs.

      Delete