Tuesday, December 9, 2014

evolving world

there’s coolness in quiet
a warmth in silence
feeling the presence
of life’s essence

as violins play
and song birds sing
running rivers dream
of an oceans roar

the blooms of Spring
then a sSmmer breaze
array of colors in the Fall
a freeze in Winter’s tease

through it all we've come
the pains and sorrows
but also tears of joy
to welcome our tomorrows

let there be light
our creator said
rest your head
upon my bed

so when the star
shines bright at night
reminds us that
after dark there’s light



 *James Write leaves us with a darkness in these two poems. thought i'd give a little light after the dark
 

8 comments:

  1. I like that you ended by the light.. We need something like this at the end,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to see that star light shining after the darkness of night ~

    Thanks for participating Marcoantonio and wishing you happy weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "tears of joy to welcome our tomorrows", and the light after the darkness. Light is always a good thing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You brought the light to life so beautifully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful (at my age I have a hard time reading that flowery font... but so what, let the artist be :-)
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, we need light after the dark. I love that line:
    'a freeze in Winter’s tease'!

    ReplyDelete