Thursday, June 19, 2014

Lately


my tears have flowed so readily
                             Lately
the membrane where they are held has
been pricked by the demon of distraught
                             Lately
my heart no longer embraces the joy
of the day, the moment
                              Lately
the hand of verve has released me
from its grasp
                              Lately
my eyes no longer wish to look
without the prism of tears
                              Lately
my hands no longer want to reach
and touch the silk of hair
                               Lately
no longer wish to feel the soft and sinuous
small of back
                               Lately
desire to kiss between your toes as you
squirm to pull away
                               Lately
touch first with my finger tips then
my lips to yours
                               Lately
if i can no longer tenderly wrap my arms
around you like i wish and the desires of lust
between two game filled  lovers not be tended
then all of love shall be in the dark of
                              Lately
  

    

13 comments:

  1. nene, i feel the pain of this. for me this is one of your best poems. (isn't it funny how pain translates.) however, i am throw with the word lust and presume it is not lust, but the love that binds between bodies. for me lust is something that can be laid down without emotion. it is more of an animate thing than the mystery tied with love between bodies and spirits. i wonder if there might be a more powerful phrase that might be used. forgive me for suggesting this but i like the poem so much ...

    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gracias erin for leaving the descriptive affect it had on you. and i did modify the expression of 'lust' as between to game filled lovers. let's be truthfull that even in love their is lust for we are; primal beings made of flesh and blood where sex and lust fill the empty moments between two lovers.

      Delete
  2. I resonate with the early lines of this poem, my friend. I am in the same dampened place, where I cant put my finger on it, and cant seem to climb out to where I normally reside. Hoping for cheerier days ahead for us both, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was listening to a piece of music, an acoustic melody, that took me here therefore i translated the affects of the strings on the guitar on me into words

    we are sharing similar moments, 'lately', mi amiga :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sad when we start to have the feelings that things are no longer as they used to be and we have to face a new situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When those feelings falter.. how sad it is.. love the repetitions of lately..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once you realize what you are missing and why, things may get better.
    You are so right in using distraught' as a noun. The dictionary may not agree, but there is definitely a need for that word. 'distress' or 'distraction' don't quite fit the bill.You have created a new word, or at least a new meaning. In the way Shakespeare did many a time in his day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. def feel the passion...and yet the feel that it is no longer the same...which leaves a heaviness for sure man....deep feelings in this....ah i can see where this would be inspired by music as well...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marcoantonio, what a heartfelt write. Indeed some days leave one hanging with a feeling of sadness for what was and is no more. I do hope that you find that joy again. Really I do. And that your feelings will again soar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the use of refrain lately weaving in all the verses ~ There is sadness in the loss of intimacy & desire ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. "my eyes no longer wish to look / without the prism of tears"..beautiful expression of the deeply felt emotion...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Full of love.. And the pain it inflicts...
    Really painful... I hope that good days dawns soon...
    And love shines again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Depth! At least the dark has missed the narrator, which shows it is not a constant to be so lost to touch and sense.

    ReplyDelete