Friday, December 13, 2013

will you sing my song


body is petrifying
limbs becoming brittle
naked and barren
of buds and leaves
no longer are
my roots
strong and sturdy

still I feel
like singing
words I’ve written
as melodies
I hope they
make you smile, if
you choose to sing
my song
with me

days become numbers
I count the suns
and moons
asking stars
to make room
for I will
be there soon

hope to brighten
your nights
and fill your dreams
with wishes
and happy tears
much like mine
of many years

fill your day
with love, think
not of yesterdays
for they come
too soon, dream
your dreams not
of tomorrows
but what today
shall bring

be kind to yourself
because you are
all you have
as the song says…
when the wind is
blowing in your face
and the whole world
is on your case,
I can offer you
a warm embrace,
to make you feel
my love…

3 comments:

  1. 'be kind to yourself' - always good advice as we tend to beat ourselves up so much for our mistakes and faults.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely song to sing along with you and a good reminder to fill our days with love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gracias for stopping by and leaving your words, Robyn

    as always TexwisGirl :-)

    ReplyDelete