Saturday, June 15, 2013

Oh night


Oh, night,
you force me to dream
those dreams of nocturnes
pose the queries
where no answers
are to be found

you gather together
my hopes and wishes
knowing they’re
only a tease
but they give me joy
if only for a little while

I fly with the birds
In and out of clouds
the wind tickling
the naked of my
chest and legs
unabashed
through nebulous
colors in rainbows

 I soar looking down
at faces from the past
and those who held
my hand as if we all
were together again
without worries
without cares

Oh night,
when I close my eyes
for you ironically
I see the light
you sometimes cause me
to ponder… what would it
be like
to not open my eyes

  

2 comments:

  1. I love this ode to the night. Love the "looking down at faces from the past." The final question is startling and makes me think.

    ReplyDelete