Friday, November 4, 2011

I Treasure You Still

When you take time to look at me
You don’t hear me speak
But you look at me anyway
What do you see?


Am I still a soft and gentle memory
Full of your life in me
Will you touch me, feel me
Have your way with me


Still think of me with pleasure
Not with judgmental eyes or measure
Can you care for me again
The way you once did


Am I still your Knight in shining armor
Or am I smudged, my sword dull
Is my white stallion no longer impressive to you
Will you ride with me again?


If you take time again to look at me
Peer into my eyes and see the reflection of what I see
You will notice a shiny golden fleece
That has never dulled in measure
Since when first I saw you, my Treasure

3 comments:

  1. I don't know about your sword, but the power of your writing sure hasn't dulled! I love the colors of your background too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm mm mm. What is it with you Spanish speakers? You write the most beautiful love poems. All of my favorite love poets write in Spanish.

    ReplyDelete