Sunday, April 3, 2011

April 60th

Today is April my birthday month
I welcome the sixtieth April of my life
melancholy sits upon my shoulders on this ride
three years prior on my birthday my Mother passed

Ascribed upon my day of celebration
is a significance to making memories
only few will remember my words
but we'll have shared the warmth
of an embrace

Time seemingly dispels our existence
without emotion, without care
like budding twigs and hatching roe
that are swished away on an undertow
and the river's bank then takes new form
as if that life it washed was never born

Will the universe remember
this tiny speck called the Human Race
for all it's found accomplishments and tolls
where Love resided once but in a forlorn face

Feliz comple anos, a mi

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you! The perfect occasion for this thoughtful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feliz compleaƱos a ti, mi amigo. I'm sure your mama would be proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola, and Happy Day After Your Birthday. Mil gracias for visiting my blogsite and enjoying the posts. I hope you will come back many times to visit. Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you to all of you. We all have and have had wonderful women in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated happy birthday. Your poetry is as beautiful as I remember. I hope your happy. Leave a little room to start again.

    ReplyDelete