Monday, February 14, 2011

"Why"

When the one who has taken your heart
leaves your side and goes afar
your chest is empty yet the vacuum
makes way for a darkness to reside

One can try to fill that emptiness
surrounded by other voices
walk in crowded spaces
yet darkness houses the noises

No one else understands
the heartfelt words shared
whose hearts blood flows
sharing a common artery

No longer do I hear the symphony of vocals
whose playground is the sky
nor feel the warming breezes
on our dampen palms
skimming through the leaves of trees
as we’d stroll with fingers intertwined

I walk alone in this surreal emptiness
in a diurnal reverie where I now reside
the songbirds music is replaced
by the mystical tune and vocals
of Annie Lennox singing ’Why’.

2 comments:

  1. Such a sad poem for Valentine's Day :( I hope this is drawing from past experiences and not current events. It is, however, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lolamouse, Lolamouse...we, who are in this for the sake of love with words, know that like a sad movie tears sate our soul.

    Yes I did draw from moments past but must exercise my mind by reaching into those caverns of what was hidden but not lost.

    Thank you for your empathy and I hope your Valentine's Day is full of 'dark' chocolate.

    ReplyDelete