Tuesday, August 26, 2014

smile, fills the space


Oh, smile, you who lingers in the corner
where you’ve chosen to hide. come out take the place
of sadness for it has stayed too long.

come out, smile, take the place of pain and anguish
for my bones have become brittle and can no longer
carry the weight

if you could just but for a moment peer out
to give my heart my soul a little moment of reprieve
from the misery of struggle, from the cry of strife

i will welcome you with the warmth of my
embrace and coddle you and of this sadness,
take its place

i will sing for you and play my guitar
and run through fields of wild flowers,
kick and splash the waters of the creeks and
streams and if you evince with the day

the radiance of your smile, the sun will
foster from me in the same .
humbly, i’m but a speck in the multi-universes
but with a smile i fill the whole of space

5 comments:

  1. dear marcoantonio, each time i read your poetry, i hope one will be uplifting and not filled with sadness. this one came close. shine your light out into the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gracias for visiting mi amiga. the reality is that i'm in turmoil inside because i'm a human of skin and bone with a soul that resides in continuous queries in the reality of life and what comes after. i do have a balance. my daily existence does not reside in sadness or the dark but this is my conduit to purge. i actually reside in a realm of hope and as a romanticist for life. i am spiritual and sometimes people interpret this as a darkness.
    gracias mi amiga

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful heart cry, my friend, so rich is the panorama of life around us. I love how you entice that smile to reveal itself, and go on to run through fields of wildflowers, and splash through creeks and streams. That made me smile. I am tired, happy, over-loaded (as usual) and terribly behind online. Picking my way along, hoping to eventually Catch Up. (We live in hope, my friend!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the thought of a smile filling space. This is a plea like a prayer and it is beautiful Marcoantonio.

    ReplyDelete