Wednesday, August 27, 2014

a plea


five in the morning and the stars
hang, glittering, in all their brilliance
pin pricked onto a black canvas

crickets, crickets, crickets, ceaseless
cool air and the stars reflection glisten off
blades of grass sparkling from dew

the cool wet mingles between my toes
standing, arms stretched out, hands open,
head tilted looking up, I ask for help

my plea is not for me but for those
that cannot do what I am doing
without fear, without hunger, without pain

if i stand here long enough transmitting
these well-wishes, maybe, just maybe
star dust will fall all around

grateful, deep, deep, I inhale this cool morn…
into my soul, exhale it onto the spirit of life
for all to share, all to breathe

 

3 comments:

  1. an ardent plea, a push of goodness into the world. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gracias mi amiga. hope you read my reply to you in my last piece...smile, fills the space

    ReplyDelete
  3. My very favorite of yours, Marco. It is perfectly written, eloquent, full of heart and sprinkles of stardust. Thank you for praying for those who are suffering too much to pray themselves.

    ReplyDelete