Friday, September 3, 2021

Yet

 

i could see myself wandering, walking about, yet distant is

my mind as to where i am, where i have been and where

i am going

 

back in the days of my youth, the hours were so long, the

days even longer and the weeks, months and years

seemed forever, as yet, i was wandering, searching for ‘me’

 

now that more years are behind me than those before me,

i try to slow down the weeks and months by not looking

toward the next moment, the next day or week, yet, the

evincing beauty of Spring flew by and the Summer came

and has too quickly passed

 

then my eye lids open and i come to the realization that these

wanderings were not just of my reveries and dreams, but yet,

of my reality and mundane sojourn and time passing me by

 

knowing this, i will welcome the wondrous colors of Autumn

but not so much the cold of Winter, yet, i will embrace it, and

if my longevity permits, mine eyes shall behold again the

beauty of Spring that will follow, for then i will be grateful,

accepting of the aches and pains on this aged body, yet

my spirit will remain youthful, my heart never tiring of love~

No comments:

Post a Comment