Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Gracias for your company

 

On Sunday, April 25th,  i will have

reached an age in the cusp of a human

timeline that there will be many who

may consider me elderly, but i disavow

this and reflect upon the great sequoias

that stand taller as they grow older,

i recall the grandness of mountains as

they grow larger and tall enough to

tickle the clouds and kiss the sky

 

and so, Sunday the twenty fifth, the

reference date of when i was born

into this mundane existence of earth,

i will look at my reflection in the mirror

and i shall not focus on the folds of skin

of my brow, the wrinkles under mine eyes,

and i will tell myself that these are signs

of a lucky person who, unlike many, who

lived to have seen much, felt much, has

 loved and has been told that i am loved

 

like the sequoia kissing the moon and

stars good night, and the mountain, to

the sun, waves goodnight as it lies down

 behind, i too will lay down this aging body

on Sunday night to rest and dream, so if

i awaken on the following Monday, i will

thank the spirit of eternity for giving me

one more day to prance about like the

young man that i feel in my spirit.

 

thank you for looking into mine eyes and

into my heart, sharing yourselves with the

likes of me…

 

con amor, me!

 

1 comment:

  1. Those lines around your eyes are because you have such a warm compassionate heart, my friend. A wonderful poem. I have so enjoyed and appreciated your poetry, and your good heart, through the years.

    ReplyDelete