Friday, January 22, 2021

my favorite tree and me

i sit at the rooted feet of my favorite tree overlooking

the pasture where wildflowers surround us like subjugates,

harkening for us to take pleasure in the dance they perform

with the breeze for me and my favorite tree

 

we sit here still in calming peace to embrace, to welcome

the day so serene and give of ourselves, becoming selfless

with all of this

 

we cherish this moment for no other will be the same and soon

the leaves shall fall from its limbs to sleep onto its nocturnal

wintry rest and i will shed my incarnate being to rest upon

my eternal sleep

 

both shall awaken again, my tree with its buds blooming in the same

realm in Spring, me in a different place but for sure embraced in love

that i take with me to my resting space of Spring


No comments:

Post a Comment