Sunday, February 9, 2020

a moment of calm


shadows cast not, when grays hover o’er

but what is grand is the tickling upon my skin

from tiny drizzles of rain that slowly empty

the bloviated cumulus that dangle from the sky



i tilt my head toward the heavens so that i can

witness the tiny droplets falling, scurrying down

to be the first to touch the ground and quench

the thirst of the daisy, the lily and the tree



i am grateful for this moment distracting me

from the woes that surround, from the pangs

and angst of life’s beguiles, from lament and

tears of those i witness and i feel their pain



and when this moment passes, let it be that

the smile upon my face, the memory of this

calm and gentle pace i may share with others

and those within the circle of my love

8 comments:

  1. If we share our memories of calm and gentle times with others, our world will be a better place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my already programmed and blanked ATM card to withdraw the maximum of $1,000 daily for a maximum of 20 days. I am so happy about this because i got mine last week and I have used it to get $20,000. Mike Fisher Hackers is giving out the card just to help the poor and needy though it is illegal but it is something nice and he is not like other scam pretending to have the blank ATM cards. And no one gets caught when using the card. get yours from Mike Fisher Hackers today! *email cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com


      Delete
  2. This brought a smile to my face and an echo of calmness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love some gently drizzle... but drizzle in Sweden this time of the year is like claws that tear at my skin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rain is certainly very welcome in Australia right now! (Even though it poses its own problems.) Nice to 'see' you at Poets and Storytellers United; and thanks for sharing your moment of calm, which I'm sure we could all use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May the droplets squelch the fires that devastated Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To quench the thirst of the daisy, the lily, the tree.... quiet and thoughtful words help to distract from current day woes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, am grateful for the ways in which Nature reminds us that even in the worse of times, magic will still rain on us.

    ReplyDelete