Sunday, January 12, 2020

still


the shadows will be my attire

though my voice will be heard and

my heart will sing in rhythm and

along with my soul they will rhyme



i shan’t write a book, that of me,

you’ve pressed, but i will write you

a poem and read it to you so that your

heart with your soul will also rhyme



these words that i will scribe and share

with you, hope to make them sing on

the page so when you read them, they

will ask your feet to dance



though, you may never read my book or

see my face, as i will remain in the shadows

until my heart is still, my body laid to rest

my soul will not cease to dance and through

words and in some hearts, may they fill

1 comment:

  1. And our words will remain after we are gone, for those who care to find them.

    ReplyDelete