Thursday, January 9, 2020

a hug


3am; awaken desiring a warm embrace,

the tactile connection of which i so desire in

trying to recall the gentle warmth of touch

letting the soothing calm come o’er me for

a moment, even if short lived, escaping the

grip from the purveyor of anguish called, life



it was in my dreams where no matter of the

juxtaposed surreal reveries while sleep avails, in

the theater where dreams evolve and whose sense

of reality is ethereal and the drama of them then

ceases so that my ‘self’, the observer, walks onto

the stage with desire of a hug from anyone



so too, lately, in my daytime strolls amidst

Nature’s canvas, i observe daffodils surrounded

in a knoll of verdant grasses, their stems are

intertwined t’if embracing and as i walk further

along, i notice, also, a sea of jonquils swaying,

dancing in the breeze  bracing each other



and so i ask of my life partner, that from now

on when our lips come together for that peck

of affection, can we, also, put our arms around

each other, chest to chest, for a moment feeling

our two hearts beating and the warmth of this

embrace further notices each other’s presence

2 comments:

  1. These days, we are all in need of a hug, I think. Sigh. Always lovely to read you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to share this.

    ReplyDelete