Friday, June 21, 2019

flickering soul


i talked to the stars last night and asked:

…do you see for me from your perspective

of my mundane sojourn as to my destiny,

one of ascending glory or one of distilled plight?



as of lately having become a nocturnal being

i sit listening to the quiet and stillness in this

vacuous space from light, i cogitate about my

place in the balance and chaos of the universe



asked the brightest flickering star, Sirius, are you from

whence came the beginnings of our world and its life 

forms from your dust and on this journey through the

universe, did bring along its soul?



and so, now, i await a flicker of response to

these queries in my mind and heart as to…from whence

comes the make-up of my soul and wherefore will

it, from here, go?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful wonderings, my friend. I can see you sitting under the stars, asking the big questions. Above is mystery. Down below, we go step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reflections dancing between the dark and bright of the universe. I really like that. May the questions be answered in a why that soothes...

    ReplyDelete